Man 'splits in half' after falling 750ft to his death from NYC high-rise

A man has been killed after falling from a 750ft building in New York City, with reports stating that he was split "in half".

The incident unfolded at the Deutsche Bank Center after the unnamed man crashed through the front of the renowned Mandarin Oriental nearby.

As reported by TMZ, The incident unfolded in a matter of moments, leaving the victim fatally sliced in two upon impact with the New York City pavement.
The site of the incident lies adjacent to the luxurious apartment complex, which boasts notable residents such as Jay-Z, Cynthia Nixon, and Gisele.
The fatality transpired within the right-hand tower of 80 Columbus Circle, a location that was once known as the Time Warner Center, in the Midtown district. Law enforcement officials report that the event took place at approximately 9:06PM.

As per the Daily Mail, an employee who worked at the building explained how "the marquee cut him in half", and went on to explain that the man was dismembered and his arm was located across the street.

A police officer on-site described the victim's attire, stating that he was wearing pajama bottoms, a printed T-shirt, and slippers at the time of the incident.

However, it appears that the man was not affiliated with the upscale hotel, occupying the uppermost 19 floors of the towering 55-story Deutsche Bank Center.

Law enforcement sources disclosed that the man seemingly gained access to the rooftop through a service elevator before falling to his death.

As emergency responders arrived at the scene, it became evident that the unidentified man had succumbed to his injuries. Images captured at the scene showed the victim's body covered by a blanket on the sidewalk.

The immediate area surrounding the victim's remains was strewn with shattered glass and debris, demonstrating the impact of the incident.

The twin opulent glass tower building, a former home to CNN's newsrooms, now boasts residences that can command staggering prices upwards of $19 million.

The investigation of the incident is currently ongoing.

In a similar incident earlier this month, a daredevil plunged to his death after falling from a 68-story tower in Hong Kong.

Remi Lucidi, a 30-year-old from France, lost his life during one of his dangerous adventures as he plummeted after reportedly getting trapped outside the Tregunter Tower complex, as reported by the South China Morning Post.

According to investigators, the stuntman arrived at the penthouse in the evening and told the security guard that he was visiting a friend on the 40th floor. It is believed that he made his way to the top floor and got trapped outside, so started frantically knocking on all the windows to get back inside the building.

According to The New York Post, Hong Kong officials alleged that the building’s security guard tried to cross-examine the man's claim of visiting a friend but he had already caught an elevator by then.

An insider also told the publication that Lucidi was last seen banging on a penthouse window on the 68th floor of Tregunter Tower at about 7:30PM - which prompted a startled maid to contact the police.

In addition to this, a further report stated that surveillance footage showed the man taking the stairs to the top level but it was locked so he forced the door open so that he could take another picture from the roof.

Law enforcement did not find Lucidi until his body was back on the ground. They also discovered his sports camera at the scene, which contained videos of extreme sports.

Please don't forget to SHARE this with your friends and family.

Click here for Comments

0 commentaires :