Police say there's no sign of foul play in death of man found wrapped in carpet and plastic

Police do not believe there was any foul play in the death of a man whose remains were found in Louisiana rolled up in a carpet and wrapped in plastic.
Nathan Millard's body was discovered moments after 3:30 AM on March 6 near Scenic Highway in Baton Rouge, according to police.

Authorities told WBRZ. that the severely decomposed remains belonging to the 42-year-old were found by a passerby rolled up in a rug and wrapped in plastic in a vacant lot.

During a news conference on March 7, Baton Rouge Police Chief Murphy J. Paul, Jr. revealed that the preliminary results of an autopsy carried out by the East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's Office showed "no evidence of internal or external trauma," per WAFB.

MILLARD AUTOPSY The family of Nathan Millard says they have been told he likely died of an accidental overdose. The...

Posted by Lester Duhé WAFB on Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Millard's family told WAFB that they think he "likely died of an accidental overdose."

However, at the press conference, Heinz refused to say whether drugs were a factor in his death.

"We will ask whoever put him there if something happened, if there was a moment of panic, come forward. We just want to know what happened to him," Heinz said.

Millard of Covington, Georgia, was reported missing on February 23 after he left Happy's Irish Pub on Third Street in downtown Baton Rouge alone on the night of February 22.

Speaking to WSB-TV, his wife, Amber Millard, said he went missing while he was away on a business trip with a client for his company Advanced Construction, which is based in Conyers, Georgia.

"It's a nightmare that I wanna wake up from," she told the outlet.

Surveillance footage shows Millard going to a Greyhound bus station a while after leaving a bar that evening

While at the bus stop, he was approached by a security guard who asked him if he needed a lift, with Millard ultimately declining the offer. Millard was apparently not in distress at the time, as seen in the footage, and went on his way.

Millard, who was staying at the the Courtyard Marriott, was last seen on the surveillance video at approximately 4:30 AM on February 23. According to officials, he would never make it back to the hotel.

The client who Millard had scheduled a meeting with asked for welfare check the following morning when he did not show up, per 11 Alive reports.

Millard's phone and wallet were then discovered discarded multiple blocks away from where he was staying.

The investigation into the man's tragic death is ongoing.

Please don't forget to SHARE this with your friends and family.

Click here for Comments

0 commentaires :