Woman Dead After Artificial Christmas Tree Sparks Fire at the Home of Her Fiancés Family



credit: Radharc Images / Alamy
A 22-year-old California woman died on Christmas morning following a devastating house fire that was sparked by a Christmas tree.

As reported by the New York Post, Destiny Abdrazack had been celebrating the Christmas weekend with her fiancé’s family at their North Highlands home.


NBC affiliate KCRA3 reported that an electrical short from the family's Christmas tree caused a blazing house fire to break out at approximately 2:00AM on Christmas morning (Sunday, December 25).

Abdrazack's fiancé's father, Ernest Isom, has claimed that the 22-year-old woke others by yelling after she had discovered that flames were engulfing the home.


KCRA3 reports that the home did not have working smoke alarms.

"She was the one who yelled fire, and that’s the sad part," Isom said of his future daughter-in-law. "She saved our lives."


Despite being pulled out of the house fire by firefighters, Abdrazack tragically passed away shortly after at an area hospital.

The family's two dogs also passed away in the fire and the home was destroyed.

Fortunately, the five others in the home at the time - Isom, his wife, and son, and two other adults - all survived.

Isom later revealed that the family had fallen asleep with the Christmas tree lights still on.


"Unfortunately, [the family] wanted to keep the lights on until the last minute and we all happened to fall asleep and we had an instant, seconds to get out," Ison told KCRA3. "It was fast, and that’s how quick it went. I’m talking minutes."

Some of the family's neighbors have also told KCRA3 how they were woken up by the noise, before looking out of their windows to see the blazing fire.

One neighbor, Richard Byers, said: "You could see the flickering light on the tree and that’s kind of like the telltale sign of a fire."

Byers recalled how he and another neighbor attempted to fight the flames with a fire extinguisher and a garden house respectively. However, despite their best efforts, they were unsuccessful.


"The fire just came right back," Byers said. "It was too intense, moving too fast."

Byers' wife, Brandy, recalled the moment she saw the Isom family outside of their home.

"They were screaming, 'Destiny! There’s someone inside! There’s someone inside,'" Brandy Byers told the local station. "There [was] nothing any of us could do."

Reports state that firefighters located Abdrazack in the living room of the house before she was removed and taken to the area hospital in a critical condition.
Credit: GoFundMe
Following her death, her family has launched a GoFundMe in order to raise funds to cover the costs of the 22-year-old's funeral.

"On Christmas morning at 2am the Isom family lost everything in a house fire that started and spread rapidly," the fundraiser's description reads. "Destiny is one of the most beautiful souls that crossed our paths.

"She is no longer [Earth-side] but she will always be with us. Any donation at this time helps. All donations and funds will go to Destiny’s parents and her siblings for hospital and funeral costs."

Our thoughts go out to Abdrazack's family and loved ones at this time.




Please don't forget to SHARE this with your friends and family.


Click here for Comments

0 commentaires :