Here's Why You Need To Cut Off Those Festival Wristbands Straight Away

I can't lie, when I was younger I was one of those twats who kept my Leeds Fest wristbands on for months on end. I don't know why. Probably because I just didn't want to let go of summer 2009.

If only I knew then what I know now.

The guys over at the Science Dump tested a wristband for germs and, shock, the results weren't pretty. 

Dr. Allison Cottell of the University of Surrey found that a two-year-old wristband contained 'a concentration of around 9,000 micrococci and 2,000 staphylococci bacteria on them'.

He said: "Staphylococci are usually harmless although they can cause boils and infections of cuts and grazes, and can also cause a form of acute food poisoning if they are ingested.

"It would be advisable not to wear them if working in industries such as healthcare or food preparation, where there is a risk that the bacteria may spread to other people."

You know what to do, lads. Get 'em off!

Source : The LAD Bible

Please don't forget to SHARE this with your friends and family.

Click here for Comments

0 commentaires :