how to achieve the perfect hair style
how to maintain flawless skin
and how to get the most use out of your beauty products
Luckily, for DIY hacks, there are simple ways to look your best, like you just left a spa or beauty salon, without breaking the bank.
To make your life a little bit easier, here are 8 clever beauty tricks to help keep you looking effortlessly fabulous.
1. Instead of using a facewash filled with tons of chemicals, try to go for something a little more natural like coconut oil or olive oil. Oils work well to get rid of any water-resistant makeup and are super gentle on your skin. This will make your night time cleansing routine that much easier.
2. When the summer rolls around you don’t want to be slathering heavy foundation on your skin. It’s best to go for a more natural look that will help you to avoid the effects of slippery foundation. To thin out your foundation, mix in a bit of moisturizer. This will also make your foundation last longer. If your foundation appears to be too light, you can darken the shade by adding in some liquid bronzer for similar results.
3. If you’re struggling with acne, mix a spoonful of baking soda with your regular face wash to help keep your skin at bay. Apply the mixture on your face, massage it into your skin, and rinse it off with warm water. After several applications, and over a few weeks, you’ll begin to notice the results of combatting your acne.
4. Dry mascara often leads to clumpy and dry looking lashes. In order to increase the life of your mascara, try playing the bottle into a cup of warm water. This will help melt the product to increase its longevity, without the clumpy mess.
5. If your pressed powder has turned into loose powder, all you need is a bit of rubbing alcohol. Pour some rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and spritz some on the broken powder. Use your fingers to pat it back into place. Once it’s dried, your pressed powder will return back to normal.
6. Instead of using split end hair treatment shampoos, just use your hands and a pair of scissors. 'Take a section of your hair and twist it up. Use your pair of scissors to cut off any strands that stick out. These are your split ends. The more you cut off your head, the less you will have.' This will also prolong the time in between haircuts.
7. Petroleum jelly has a ton of uses. It can moisturize your skin plus it can help you to keep your perfume smelling for a long time. Apply the perfume on the places you moisturized. This will help keep the scent on longer.
8. When you are applying nail polish, use white glue to create a border around your nail. Let it dry and then apply your polish. If you accidentally paint over the nails you can just peel off the glue to remove any additional polish. This will help you to achieve a professional looking manicure.