In the wake of domestic abuse allegations, Johnny Depp is reportedly planning to do a TV interview to prove he’s not a wife beater.
The 52-year-old actor has been given a restraining order banning him from going within 100 yards of estranged wife Amber Heard after she filed for divorce last week, reports The Mirror.
Depp has strenuously denied the claims – insisting she’s just after his money – and he now wants to ‘set the record straight’ and prove he’s ‘not a monster’ by giving an in-depth interview as soon as he’s finished touring with his band, Hollywood Vampires.
A source told The Daily Star:
He is shell-shocked over the events of the last week and is determined to tell his side of the story. His whole life has been turned upside down.
With a £200 million divorce fight looming, Depp’s lawyer Laura Wasser said in a statement:
Amber is attempting to secure a premature financial resolution by alleging abuse.
She is a successful model and actress who earns her own income and is capable of supporting herself.
Police were called to investigate a report of violence at Heard’s home last weekend, but she is said to have refused to file a report and, at the time, did not allege any brutality.
But, according to TMZ, the 30-year-old now claims they argued and Depp threw a glass of wine at her, allegedly grabbing her by the shoulders, pushing her onto the bed and hitting her in the face with an iPhone.
Sources close to Depp – whose mother died last week – are refuting the reports of violence.
Speaking exclusively to the Sunday Mirror as he recovered from knee surgery, Heard’s dad, David said:
If she wasn’t okay, I wouldn’t be lying here in my hospital bed. I would be up there with her.
Let’s hope this manages to get resolved sooner rather then later…
Please don't forget to SHARE this with your friends and family.